I'm in the process of painting three miniature motorcycles and their drivers. I started with the bases, challenging myself a little to give them not just the right colour, but also the right texture. I painted the bases with a base coat of black, then added Astrogranite technical paint for texture. Astrogranite is light grey, so once it dried I added ink wash to turn the pieces black again. Finally, I used a square-cut brush to paint yellow dividing lines on each base, trying out different angles and positions to simulate wayward movement of the cycles on the road.
I'm pretty happy with these; hopefully the rest of the pieces will look as good.
Post a Comment