Friday, September 04, 2020

Ape Expectations

Today I assembled and painted a 28mm-scale gorilla. I really wanted to do a good job with this one, so I started by painting the whole creature black, then drybrushing with light grey to bring out the details of his fur. Finally, I used the tiniest brush I have to paint his tongue red and fangs white. In this closeup, the fangs look pretty messy, but on the table you can hardly notice. Still, perfection slipped through my fingers yet again. 

This is also the first time I decorated a base. First, I painted the base dark green, then used an old brush to "paint" white glue onto the base once the paint dried. Finally, I dusted the base with fake grass basing material. 

Overall, I'm pretty happy. 

No comments: