"Aha!" I thought in the dream. "I'll write about who would have replaced Wash as the pilot of the Serenity had the show been renewed after the movie, given Joss Whedon's habit of hiring from his favourite stable of actors and friends."
So I guess that's what I have to write about. Here's my short list:
- Charisma Carpenter as a sassy, flighty colonist escaping a low-tech frontier world in search of a better life as a pilot-for-hire.
- Wil Wheaton as a drug-addicted madman with a price on his head (that he conveniently forgot to tell Mal about).
- Enver Gjokaj as a professional merchant pilot who's signed on with the Serenity strictly for the money. Secretly works for a space mob.
- Felicia Day as the perky (is she ever anything but perky?) pilot who relies on faith and superstition to do the job. Big believer in crystals and sky fairies.
- And finally (and this was dream-Earl's idea, and probably the best one), Clark Gregg as a veteran who fought on the Alliance side of the war, providing lots of juicy friction between him and Captain Reynolds.