Friday, March 23, 2012
While it's easy to laugh at such slapstick antics, I do sympathize with the would-be Knievels, for I too have felt the clarion call of danger. To wit: our car's console features twin power outlets.
Ever since we bought it last August, I've wondered what would happen if I stuck my finger in one of the sockets while the car was running. Would I be shocked? Or are there built-in safeguards to prevent curious fools from hurting themselves? What if I stuck a finger in each socket at the same time?
I'm not dumb enough to try the experiment for real, but I remain curious.